Freaked out …
Whenever I hear cop cars go by, even when I haven’t done anything, I always think that they’re coming for me. *Looks around suspiciously*
tarar16 asked: 'Play That Funky Music' and don't party too hard, hon. ~Tara ;)
"It may sound absurd but don’t be naïve. Even heroes have the right to bleed. I may be disturbed but won’t you concede. Even Heroes have the right to dream. And it’s not easy to be me."
Superman (It’s Not Easy) by Five For Fighting
- Have you ever:
- 1. Skipped class? Only in college and only when sick or bogged down with assignments. I need mental health days.
- 2. Done drugs? Only prescription and OTC meds. Never od'd.
- 3. Self harmed? No comment.
- 4. Drank? Only a few sips of beer once. Didn't like it.
- 5. Shoplifted? I stole a pack of gum when I was 5. I still feel bad about it.
- 6. Gotten a tattoo? No, I'm too afraid of needles (and pain!).
- 7. Broken up with someone? A couple of times. Didn't enjoy it, but sometimes its necessary to kick toxic people out of your life.
- What's your favorite:
- 8. Show? Too many to list! My top favorite right now is The Originals.
- 9. Movie? Too many to list! My absolute faves are Labyrinth and Nightmare Before Christmas.
- 10. Song? Stars by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals. Hence my current blog name.
- 11. Tumblr? Mine. Ha, shameless self-plug. But seriously, I follow over 300 blogs and they're all good too.
- 12. Singer/Band? I like most anything, really. Brandon Flowers and The Killers are favorites.
- 13. Memory? Vacations with my family. That's when I feel the most relaxed and at ease.
- 14. Book? Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. So tragic and romantic!
- This or that:
- 15. Invisibility or Ability to fly? I've felt the pain of obscurity too often in my life, I'd rather fly.
- 16. Cookies or Cake? Cookies, just 'cause they're smaller and less calories.
- 17. Twitter or Facebook? I only have FB for friends and family. My Tumblr is connected to my Twitter, so they're the same to me right now. So I choose Twitter.
- 18. Movies or Books? Books. There are things that just can't be expressed in a movie, like the character's inner thought process and the motivations behind it.
- 19. Coke or Sprite? Coke, I'm addicted. Sprite is flat and doesn't have the caffeine that I need.
- 20. Blind or Deaf? Blind. At least then I could still hear my tunes. I can't live without them.
- 21. Tea or Coffee? Neither. I'm a soda junkie. Though I do like herbal teas at night, to help me sleep sometimes.
- What's your:
- 22. Age? 29. I iz old.
- 23. Sign? Aquarius.
- 24. Height? 5"3.
- 25. Sexual orientation? No comment. I don't believe in categories.
- 26. Shoe size? Ladies 8 and a half.
- 27. Religion? Used to be mormon. Now an agnostic theist.
- 28. Longest relationship? 6 months. But that was 8 years ago. So . . . yeah.
- Opinion on:
- 29. Gay rights? Not for me, but go for it, my peeps. As long as it makes you happy and doesn't hurt anybody, more power to ya.
- 30. Second chances? Don't really believe in them unless they're truly earned and suffered for.
- 31. Long distance relationships? Don't really work. Personal experience.
- 32. Abortion? Not for me, but I can't tell others what to do with their body.
- 33. The death penalty? Only for the really evil who can't be redeemed, like serial killers and rapists.
- 34. Marijuana ? Never done it, don't want to be around people who do. It's eats holes in your brain.
- 35. Love? Never really found it. Still looking.
- Do you:
- 36. Believe in ghosts? Never seen one. Kind of want to, kind of don't.
- 37. Shower facing the shower head or turned away from it? Away. I don't like water in my eyes.
- 38. Sleep with the door opened or closed? Closed. I don't want nosy sisters in my room.
- 39. Love someone? Just family and friends. And my followers, of course.
- 40. Still watch cartoons? Anime and Cartoon Network.
- 41. Have a boyfriend/girlfriend? Not currently.
- 42. Like yourself? Sometimes. Sometimes not. I'm complicated and difficult by nature.
Reblog if you know who this is!
Reblog and your url will go into a jar. I will then scatter them around Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
Anonymous asked: Who are you?! Come to Michigan so I can marry you and you can read me poems all day
Lol!! I live quite a ways from Michigan (I’m in Kentucky), though I have been there before (I had an aunt who used to live up there). It’s a bit cold for my liking, Brrr!
My name is Tara and that’s all I really feel comfortable disclosing over the internet. Besides, I would have to really get to know you before we can mention marriage! Feel free to message me directly (either in chat or through Babblr) and we can talk, if you like.
I would love to discuss poetry with anyone who wants to. I’ve dabbled in it since I was teen, I was even in the poetry club of my high school way back when (a fact which made me really popular, NOT). I may not be great at writing it, but I do it mostly for my own enjoyment and catharsis.
And I’ve always had a great love for the beauty of language and its ability to express every delicate nuance of human emotion. I was a reader from an early age. My favorite poem is “A Red Red Rose” by Robert Burns. I also like Robert Frost, William Blake, Walt Whitman, Sara Teasdale; most of the classic, romantic poets.
Finally some nice anons! Thank you, anonymous person, for making my day!! Hope you have a good one too. :D
- I read because one life isn't enough, and in the page of a book I can be anybody;
- I read because the words that build the story become mine, to build my life;
- I read not for happy endings but for new beginnings; I'm just beginning myself, and I wouldn't mind a map;
- I read because I have friends who don't, and young though they are, they're beginning to run out of material;
- I read because every journey begins at the library, and it's time for me to start packing;
- I read because one of these days I'm going to get out of this town, and I'm going to go everywhere and meet everybody, and I want to be ready.
The Vampire Diaries spin-off, which was picked up for a full season on Monday, also cracked the Top 5 in our Fall TV Popularity Contest, receiving a 57 percent approval rating from TVGuide.com users. But it’s not just the ratings that prove The Originals has found a following. After only a handful of episodes, The Originals has unraveled a solid story line that may actually be more interesting than the plots on The Vampire Diaries.
Below, we list the ways in which The Originals may actually be better than the original series.
(The following will contain some gripes about The Vampire Diaries, but that’s not to say the flagship is no longer good. In fact, considering the show is nearly 100 episodes in, it’s impressive that the narrative hasn’t completely waned.) Check out our reasoning:
1. The Originals is more adult: TVD's characters finally graduated from high school last season, but have now moved on to the college years with a new vampire mystery at their university a la Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s shaky fourth season. The spin-off, however, doesn’t have to deal with forced mentions of going to class or even how centuries-old vampires have to fit in at school.
2. The Originals is not bogged down by doppelgängers: If you blink while watching Diaries, you may miss that Elena’s (Nina Dobrev) doppelgänger Katherine is pretending to be Elena. Or that it was actually Stefan (Paul Wesley), not Silas, growing closer to crazytown Tessa (Janina Gavankar). And now there’s Amara! Thankfully, onThe Originals, what you see is what you get: Klaus (Joseph Morgan) is trying to take down Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) — not a carbon copy.
3. The Originals has a great villain: Sure, Marcel is technically the villain of The Originals, but in actuality, Klaus is the ultimate villain and has been since he first appeared on The Vampire Diaries. But unlike on Diaries — where original villain Damon (Ian Somerhalder) has now become toothless, so to speak — Klaus is actually both the villain and the hero of the story, with viewers slowly coming to the realization that they’re rooting for the Original hybrid they once hated so much.
4. The Originals gives us answers: The Originals kicked off its freshman season by weaving a sometimes confusing tale of witches vs. vampires in New Orleans. But within five episodes, the truth about why Klaus was lured to the Big Easy was quickly revealed: The witches never completed the Harvest ritual that would give them incredible power — enough to stand up to the vampires — so they blackmailed Klaus into tracking down young and super powerful Davina (Danielle Campbell) so they can kill her lest they will lose their powers altogether. As for TVD, the new college mystery is dragging on with seemingly no answers in sight.
5. The Originals isn’t just about love triangles: Yes, there is at least one love triangle with both Marcel and Klaus showing feelings for Cami (Leah Pipes), but the story’s focus is not about who will win the girl — in fact, she doesn’t really like either of them. Ultimately, The Originals is about who will reign supreme over New Orleans: Klaus or Marcel. The mental and physical power plays along the way are much more interesting than a doppelgänger choosing between two brothers when it’s clear she’s destined to end up with the one she’s not dating right now.